The Widows Ministry began in 1996 as. It was started by a group of widows to address the needs of other widows at Faith Baptist Church.
1) A luncheon fellowship on the 2nd Sunday of each month after the AM church service. One month we bring in food and meet in the Kitchen/Library. The following month we will meet at a designated restaurant.
2) A prayer ministry – Prayer requests and praises are sent out by email to everyone with a listed email.
3) A Missions Ministry – As a group, we have “adopted” the single lady missionaries supported by Faith Baptist Church. We pray for their needs, communicate with them through email, letters, birthday cards, etc. Recently we had a request from one of the ladies who needed cassette tapes for her field of service. We announced the need to the church and had a great response. We were able to pack eight large boxes and send them in a container headed to Cameroon.
4) Visitation Ministry – We make regular visits to our shut in widows, provide transportation for appointments, and provide meals when needed.
5) We plan occasional short day trips to nearby areas of interest.
6) Occasional game nights in one of our homes where we will have a devotional time and a testimony time before dividing up for board games or group games.
Our goal is to support each widow by letting her know that God genuinely loves her and has great compassion for her. We have a specific need for others who can assist the widows with counseling in the areas of finances, vehicle repairs/maintenance, and home repairs