What is the Gospel?
The Gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ! God created mankind in His image to know Him and love Him, but we rejected Him and chose our own way. In His great love, God sent His Son Jesus to live a perfect obedient life, die on the cross in our place, and conquer death by rising again. When we turn from our sins and believe in Him, we are reconciled to God and given new life. And that’s good news!
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
What Does The Gospel Mean for You?
Because God is Holy, He cannot overlook our sin. But there is hope! The Bible says that God also loves us and made a way for us to be forgiven. Here is what that means for you:
- God made you to know Him and love Him (Genesis 1:26-28).
- Your sin separates you from God and deserves His punishment (Romans 3:23, 6:23).
- Good works can never erase your sin (Romans 3:20, Ephesians 2:8-9).
- In God’s great love, He sent His Son Jesus to live a perfect life, die on the cross, and win victory over death by rising from the grave (Romans 3:21-26, 4:25).
- Jesus fulfilled the Law in your place and took the punishment your sin deserved (Isaiah 53:5-6).
- Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, God’s wrath toward sin has been satisfied and you can be reconciled to God (John 3:16).
- God calls you to repent of your sin and trust in Christ alone for forgiveness and salvation (John 1:12).
“But God commendeth (demonstrated) His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
How Can You Accept God’s Free Gift of Salvation?
If you believe what the Bible says and want to receive God’s free gift of salvation, you might pray something like this:
“Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and that I deserve your wrath. Would you forgive me of my sins? I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross to take the punishment for my sins and rose from the dead so I can be forgiven. I am placing my trust in Him alone to save me. Thank you for sending your Son to die in my place! Amen!”
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.” Romans 10:9-11
If you have questions about anything you’ve just read, please contact us. We’d love to talk to you about it!